Finding the right student information management software for your school shouldn’t be a puzzling task. But, how’s that feasible? Well, the trick is to focus on core tasks and processes you’re dealing with on a daily basis without, of course, compromising on any special needs you may have, from time to time. Once you do so — and have a clear understanding of what your actual needs are — you’re ready to examine all available solutions and make a more informed and wise business decision.
Now, you must be thinking that it sounds like a really simplistic or obvious approach, right? And you probably have doubts about whether you should look for a solution that is customized for your school type’s needs or a more generic one. And you’re right in feeling that way. But, bear with us, we’re trying to make a point. With these concerns and questions in mind, we’ve prepared a digest of all the things you need to look for in a student information management software for your school, whatever the type.
We can support the notion using our solution, DreamClass, as an example. DreamClass is a School Management System that takes all fundamental administrative needs of a long list of schools and academies into account. And, in doing so, it undoubtedly serves as an enticing software solution candidate for any type of school. And your school, too :).
If you’re still skeptical, just take a look at our presentation below; see for yourself whether it looks like a helpful solution for your school, or not.
Let’s get started then!
Types of schools, the administrative needs involved, and available SIMS solutions
So, how does the type of school relate to the fundamental administrative needs involved? It depends, of course. To help answer this question let’s take a closer look at these differences themselves.
So, in what ways do schools differ from each other? More or less, they differ in terms of:
- educational goals
- students (enrolling children or adults)
- curriculum structures (sophisticated or simplistic ones)
- personnel involved (number and hierarchy)
and so on.
Does that mean a specialized software solution is indispensable?
In other words, do you really need to look for a customized solution to better serve your particular school type?
From our perspective, in more cases than not, it would be more than enough to just get a school information management system that effectively supports all of your school’s administrative processes. And it really is as simple as that. Why?
The circumstantial differences aforementioned do not necessarily mean trouble. It doesn’t mean they cannot be dealt with a sort of “one-size-fits-all” approach. And the proof of that claim is our own software platform.
It is with that perspective in mind that we have developed DreamClass, our school information management system.
In particular, taking into consideration major needs that are valid for different types of schools, we’ve essentially built a solution for all types of schools. And by all types of school, we mean schools ranging from primary education categories such as K-12 to higher education and colleges. Likewise, we have also tried to take into account academies such as dance schools, music schools, and sports academies. To top it off, when we started building DreamClass, we had in mind a kind of more general educational institution. And we did our best to make it efficient for these schools, as well. We hope we’ve done well for your school type, too.
Want to find out how that’s feasible? Read on!
A Student Information Management Software for all
What does it take to efficiently run all the administrative processes of a general education institution? Or an academy, a college, or simply a school? Well, I think you’ll agree with me that, first and foremost, it’s important to support all core administrative tasks that are absolutely vital for fundamental school operations, in the best possible way. The more nuanced details will come naturally, later.
But, what are these operations, you might ask? In brief, student information management software needs to automate and further improve all tasks related to the following school operations:
- Help manage and store — preferably on the Cloud — all school-related data, such as student and teacher profiles
- Store, manage and efficiently coordinate data related to basic educational processes and entities, such as classes, courses, and curriculum-related information
- Efficiently support and further improve the student enrollment management process.
- Help complete tasks such as student admissions, training subjects, and groups, with efficiency
- Orchestrate teacher management and teacher assignments in relation to training subjects
- Help deal with fundamental educational processes, such as curriculum management, with efficiency
- Support attendance records management
- Help organize and supervise grading and assessment management
- Support and enhance communication with students and parents/guardians
- Monitor student and teacher financial operations, such as tuition fees; with emphasis on operations such as overdue payments
- Provide an overall coordination of fundamental administrative processes
And now, you’re probably thinking that although your school (to use a generic term) does – more or less – needs a take in the majority of the processes described above, there are still some basic processes that will need a special approach. And that approach or solution, or whatever you may call it, may either be required due to the nature of your school or just to support your way of getting things done.
DreamClass: a multipurpose student information management software
DreamClass answers all the questions that matter, over a wide range of tastes and/or needs. More specifically, it supports all the administrative processes described in a simple and efficient way. In the same fashion, to cite only a few of these capabilities, here are some indicative ways of how DreamClass effectively supports both simple and complex administrative needs and processes:
- You can put together subjects and classes for your school or academy in a few minutes; and, in the same fashion, you’re able to organize the whole structure of your curriculum for your school institution.
- You can easily create your timetable in minutes, and you’re also able to clone entities and have multiple timetables that you can activate when you need them.
- You can use DreamClass as a unique user for your small school; that is, you can easily set up, schedule, and manage everything from your account. Or, alternatively, you can give access to multiple users (teachers, administrators) with respective data visibility and access rights.
- You can easily track attendance records for a small number of classes or, alternatively, you may allow teachers to manage attendance records for their assigned classes.
All in all, it’s equally effective for small academies that need a simplified school management solution for basic administrative tasks; even more so for colleges and other educational institutions that require a more sophisticated coordination of processes, tasks, and faculty.
We challenge you to give it a try, for free. See for yourselves that it’s, more than likely, the software solution you’ve been searching for in your school.